Biological Engineering Undergraduate Program
Biological Engineering combines the principles of biology, engineering, and technology to create solutions for real-world problems in areas of medicine, energy, food, and more. Biological engineers are at the forefront of engineering innovation, developing bio-based fuels, plastics, sensors, and pharmaceuticals. The BE program at USU gives students hands on experiences in the lab and field where our researchers are creating new engineering technologies that make everyday life better for all of us.
- ⇒ Medical
- ⇒ Pharmaceutical
- ⇒ Environmental
- ⇒ Biomaterials
- ⇒ Biosensors
- ⇒ Synthetic Biology
- ⇒ Metabolic Engineering
- ⇒ Biophotonics
- ⇒ Tissue Engineering
- 100% of Biological Engineering students who have applied to medical school were accepted.
- Biological Engineering classes have a small student-teacher ratio.
- Biological Engineering was recognized as a top program in US News & World Report, 2013 & 2017.
- Biological Engineering offers a concurrent BS/MS degree.
- Institute of Biological Engineering (IBE)
- International Genetically Engineered Machine (iGEM)
- Biological Engineering Department Club
- Society of Women Engineers(SWE)
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE)
- Engineers Without Borders (EWB)
- Tau Beta Pi (Engineering Honor Society)
- Engineering Council
Biological Engineering students and graduates launch successful internships and careers with leading employers:
|ARUP Laboratories||BD Medical|
|Guthrie Medical||GE Medical|
|Centers for Disease
College of Engineering Advising Office | ENGR 3rd Floor | (435) 797-2705 Biological Engineering Dept. | be.usu.edu