Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How do I get permission to take junior classes?
Rate This FAQ
Anyone admitted to the professional Program should be able to register for classes numbered 3000 to 5999. If you cannot, see question #12. If you are almost ready to go into the Professional Program but still lack 2-3 classes (up to 10 credits) and your advisor has said you're ready to take some junior classes you must get permission to do so. Go online to Request Permission to take Junior Classes and read the rules and procedures. When listing the classes for which you'd like permission, please don't use the tab key as it messes up the formatting of your submitted information.
- Students in other Majors:
If your major requires or allows upper division engineering classes, you must get permission to take them. CS majors must have advanced standing in CS and they may register for upper division ECE classes with no problem. Geology majors and Industrial Hygiene majors will need permission. Go online to Request Permission to take Junior Classes and read the rules and procedures.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How do I know when my finals are?
- What is the CIL?Do I have to take it?
- How do I get the hold on my transcript removed?
- What is a Mentor?
- I have taken the prerequisite course(s) but the computer won't let me in the class. What can I do?
- Why does the computer say "Closed by Restriction" when I try to register?
- What kind of salaries do engineers make?
- What's the difference between computer science and computer engineering?