MATLAB for USU College of Engineering
Utah State University offers a campus-wide license to MATLAB, Simulink, and companion products at no cost. All faculty, researchers, and students are eligible to download and install these products on their university computers as well as their personally-owned computers. Please note this software is not available for commercial use.
About MATLAB and Simulink
MATLAB, the language of technical computing, is a programming environment for algorithm development, data analysis, visualization, and numeric computation. Simulink is a graphical environment for simulation and Model-Based Design of multidomain dynamic and embedded systems. MathWorks produces nearly 100 additional products for specialized tasks such as data analysis and image processing.
Products Available on Campus
MATLAB, Simulink, and add-on products are available through our TAH campus-wide license. Application areas include:
- Bioinformatics Toolbox
- Control System Toolbox
- Curve Fitting Toolbox
- Data Acquisition Toolbox
- DSP System Toolbox
- Image Processing Toolbox
- Instrument Control Toolbox
- Optimization Toolbox
- Parallel Computing Toolbox
- Signal Processing Toolbox
- Simulink Control Design
- Statistics and Machine Learning Toolbox
- Symbolic Math Toolbox
MATLAB is available to USU Faculty, Staff, and Students at no cost. Faculty, staff, and students are able to install MathWorks software on their university-owned and personally-owned computers. https://usu.service-now.com/usu/catalogs_home.do.
End User: Download the Installer
*Note- for users who did not already download the installer
- Go to matlab.usu.edu. Select ‘Get Started Today’ under the Download MATLAB section.
- Log into your MathWorks account that is associated to your University license. (Note – you may be asked to login with your university credentials first).
- Click the download button for the current release. (Users can also download previous releases here).
- Choose a supported platform and download the installer.
End User: Install and Activate
- Run the installer.
- In the installer, select Log in with a MathWorks Account and follow the online instructions.
- When prompted to do so, select the Academic – Total Headcount license labeled Individual.
- Select the products you want to download and install.
- After downloading and installing your products, keep the Activate MATLAB checkbox selected and click Next.
- Follow the prompts to activate MATLAB.
*Note- Detailed installation instructions can be also found in the link below:
How do I install MATLAB?
Bookmark the MATLAB Portal as an ongoing resource.
- MATLAB Training- links to MATLAB Onramp (free 2-hour overview of MATLAB) and other course offerings.
- MATLAB Help- Provides links to installation support, product videos, code examples, answers, and consultation support from a MathWorks Engineer.
- Use MATLAB on the Cloud- Access to MATLAB Online (web based version of MATLAB), MATLAB Drive, MATLAB Mobile, and ThingSpeak.
- Resources for Educators- Instant access to free courseware, webinars, and other tools to integrate MATLAB and Simulink into your curriculum.
Getting Started: Learn About Capabilities and Using the Software
Use the TAH Resource Kit to find tutorials, webinars, teaching materials, books, and more to help you use MATLAB and Simulink. When you access these resources from the resource kit, you bypass registration forms.